March 7, 2006

Words To the Wise

When thinking about my favorite words, I of course, go directly to my favorite curse words. Just like when learning a new language the words that stick are the ones that a good catholic girl should NOT be saying. Well my knee high argyles have been retired and I already recieved my diploma from Sister Mary Alexander, so here goes, apologies Sister: Motherfucker cocksucker (whick I stole from The Usual Suspects), dill hole, hellfire and damnation, shit-fuck is another good one that just rolls off the tongue. It's been compounded for impact. I think it works. Assface, as in, "I hate you and your assface!" That is from Waiting for Guffman. If you haven't seen it, you must, but never watch it alone.
We all have moments of sincere and visceral frustration that warrant the use of this kind of language. I feel it can be therapeutic. Perhaps not at 90 miles an hour when some dill hole cuts you off, cuz that's just dangerous. But after hanging up on some assface working in customer service who can't help anyone anywhere, screaming at the top of the lungs can let off some steam and pent up frustration. Please feel free to use these gems or comment with some of your own. I am always looking for new ones to throw into rotation.