May 4, 2006

No Reading!!!!

Okay so no reading this week rocks my world. I'm ecstatic. I can't even tell you.

I have been able to read my New Yorker which I'm somewhat ashamed to admit I subscribe to because, if you haven't noticed this school references The New Yorker daily, in every class, in some form or another as if The New Yorker is gospel. Is it well written? Sure, but other examples of good writing do exist. When someone discusses The New Yorker incessantly all I can think of is some English professor wearing tweed with elbow patches, smoking his pipe and regurgitatitng "The Talk of the Town" while sipping on his Cabernet. Yuck!!!!!!!

I'd rather have a triple root canal while giving birth. Okay, that is extreme but anyway. I have enjoyed my magazine with words that I can hardly pronounce along with my book club choice of Hotel Babylon. Hotel Babylon is raunchy and wonderful. It chronicles the behind the scenes of a five star hotel in London. I'm concerned though, what will we discuss this week? Okay now I'm panicking. What will we discuss this week?

I know that I doodle but that is the only way I can survive. If I don't my brain will shut down and I will pass out and seizure, which will not be pretty but perhaps will excuse me from the rest of class- perhaps. So without a lengthy discussion of McQuade and McQuade will I get my healthy dosage of doodling? I guess I'll have to wait and see.

P.S. Does anyone know what we're suppose to be blogging about?