May 4, 2006

Il Presidente

I am currently listening to my husband memorize 16 bars of "Hail to the Chief," for the parade tomorrow night at the United States Marine Barracks-8th and I, the oldest military post in the U.S. The Prez will be there and I can't go because I'm constructing a foldy thing that makes no sense, and folds improperly anyway. But hey i've made my choice and i'm going with the foldy thing. So that's that.

Whether I like the pres. or not it's still cool to see him in person. I met a guy this week who saw President Clinton and was mesmerized by the experience. He said, "That's something I'll tell my kids." So true. Whether you agreed with Clinton and his inappropriate use of interns or not he was still the most powerful man in the free world. I think its funny my husband will spend twenty minutes learning a song for tomorrow night to honor the President of the United States. I wonder what the president is doing in the next twenty minutes for us?